Sunday, December 19, 2010

Welcome Christmas, Great News, Pictures and a New Job but not in this order...

I cannot believe another year has just flown by! I feel like it was yesterday that we were taking the boys to see Santa Clause. I will have to say I have been a bad mama and have not taken the boys to get their photo with Santa yet. It seems every weekend we have an event to go to but it's okay because we have spent some quality time with friends and loved ones.

Pictures:
We took some great shots with Salina Johnson for Christmas this year. The boys were not as excited about it but this always leads to great pictures of them.









The Great News:
My cousin Tiffani is expecting a little girl! Her name is going to be Carleigh Rae. I just think this is adorable! It is the first great granddaughter in the family.

New Job:
Matt and I have been praying for sometime about what to do with our finances. The real estate market is not great and the cost of living does not seem to be getting cheaper. A couple of weeks ago Matt went in for an interview with Halliburton about a position. This position would pay great but would require that Matt be gone for 7 days and then home for two continually. On one hand this job would do wonders for us financially and help us pay off all of our medical debt. On the other hand this job would be taking Matt away from the kids and I. We knew God had given us a new path and we knew He would not put this in front of us if He did not think we could do it. So, Matthew accepted the job and will now be a Frac Acid Operator Assistant. I actually do not know what this means because every time Matt tells me I get more and more confused so I am sorry for that. I am having my fabulous friends Afton, Amanda, and Jen come and stay with me when Matt is gone so I will have help with the boys. We are super excited about this new adventure!


Christmas Party:
Last, but not least, my work had our Christmas party where we exchanged gifts using the tried and true White Elephant. Most of y'all know this about me but I do not like to be surprised. I dislike it and must know what everyone buys because somehow it makes me feel better about the situation. Matt has tried for years to surprise me and I can only think of a handful of times he has succeeded. I know you are thinking "wasn't it even better that you did not know?" False. I must know everything. Anywhoo, I being the most brilliant person ever, ran around asking everyone what they bought so I could have a good idea what was being offered. See I brought a 12 pack of Coronas and I really wanted this back and Jen brought some delicious candy in a very pretty box. We conspired with each other and got both of our gifts back at the end of it. :)
Here are some pictures of the decorated hallway at work.
Angie, Chelsea, Ambra, Darla, Stratta, and Jen helped make these awesome 3D snowflakes.


I knew what almost all of these were.


I had to sneak my stocking up there!


No comments:

Post a Comment