Saturday, October 16, 2010

To My Husband

Matthew,

Six years ago today I married you on a beautiful day in front of all of our family and friends. I could not contain the butterflies I felt until I finally saw you and it was as if the whole world disappeared. I cannot remember what are color theme was or the decorations we had but I can remember getting ready with all the girls, walking down the stairs to meet my father, the 3 1/2 inch heels that I just had to have, but most of all the moment when Brother Joseph announced us husband and wife.

Our first dance


The next few years it was just us and we had so much fun. I loved the nights when we would stay up all night talking about everything under the sun. We went on vacations together and with your family. I fell more in love with your family over the years as well and got to know just how incredible each of them are. My family instantly loved you and probably thought you were crazy for putting up with me. I did not think it could get any better.


Until we had two beautiful boys together. I did not know my heart could get any bigger with love for all three of you. I loved watching you hold them, love on them and be protective of them. I could not have chosen a better father for my babies. Maddox has your kindness and Emmett has your ability to smile all the time no matter what. I see so much of you in them and it gives me so much joy. 

Matt and Emmett

Matt and Maddox

I have loved the past six years with you and can't wait for the years to come. I love you with all of my heart.

Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment