Sunday, October 10, 2010

NICU Reunion

I thought I would start my blogging off and talk about our family trip to the NICU reunion in Temple, Texas. It was a first for Scott & White to put on for all of their NICU graduates. We packed up all of the items that we needed. 
Stroller - Check. 
Cups - Check. 
Mr. Snuffleupagus - Check.
Emmett sleeping on the way up to Temple.

The boys took their naps on the way up there but Maddox was pretty excited.

The reunion was held at the Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum. They had a petting zoo, inflatables and most importantly...trains.

Maddox & Emmett sitting on a train wheel

We did not get to see our old doctors, Dr. Guo and Dr. Crisp, but it was still a fun trip for the family. They also put pictures of the NICU graduates on the wall so you could see the Then & Now. It was interesting to walk around and know that everyone there had one thing in common. We all survived having our child/children in the NICU. When I saw Maddox's picture up there with all the rest I just felt blessed that I have him here and he is healthy. It is amazing to think when I first saw him he looked like this.


God has really blessed me with a family that I only could have imagined in my dreams. They are everything that I was looking for. The day bought back some memories but overall I had fun watching my boys.






1 comment:

  1. Yay Delilah! Welcome to the blogging world!!! Your boys are precious, but you already know that... Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete